Get to know the virtual piano keyboard
Now you can play the virtual piano keyboard or online piano. Learn, play and record your favorite songs. It works great on any modern device like computers, laptops and mobile devices such as iPads, tablets and smartphones.
To play the virtual piano, click on the "Load piano keyboard" button. In this article you will learn everything about the virtual keyboard. These are some of the characteristics:
- Different sounds.
- Play with your fingers usigns touch screens.
- Use your computer's keyboard to play the keys.
- Record your songs.
- Listen to the songs recorded by other users.
- Learn new songs note by note.
The sounds of the virtual keyboard
We know you like different sounds to be able to play different styles. That's why the music keyboard includes the following sounds:
- Organ (such as church organs)
- Sawtooth (used widely in Rock)
We would love to hear from you. If you are interested in new sounds, please follow us on social media to contact us.
The musical notes on the piano keyboard
The musical notes names are: A, B, C, D, E, F and G. We use the white keys on the keyboard to play those notes in that same order. If you see a music keyboard, you will notice that black keys make groups of two black keys followed by a group of three black keys. It is always a pattern of two and then three black keys. The white key that is just before the last black key in the group of three black keys is the note A.
The musical notes on the black keys use the same names but adding accidentals: sharps (#) and flats (b). The black key after A is A sharp. Think of the term sharp as the closer note to the right. That is why A sharp is the key after A. That same black key is B flat. Think of the term flat as the closer note to the left. That is why B flat is the note just to the left of B.
You can also name the musical notes using syllables:
- A: La
- B: Ti
- C: Do
- D: Re
- E: Mi
- F: Fa
- G: Sol
You can find many keys on the keyboard that use the same note name, but when played, they don't sound exactly the same. The complete set of music notes names is called an octave. The piano keyboard has many octaves. Our virtual piano has six octaves.
Learning music theory is very useful to play any instrument, including the virtual piano. Learning the musical notes on the piano is the perfect starting point.
If you don't know anything about music, we have the solution. You have two options:
- Complete our free and easy music theory course.
- In a hurry? Learn the musical notes on the piano on YouTube.
Use the computer keyboard to play the online piano
You can use the computer keyboard to play the virtual piano. Use the following image to know which key plays which musical note.
The keys highlighted in red and black represent an octave. You can change the pitch of the octave using the arrow keys. The left and right arrows change the octave of the black keys. The up and down arrows modify the red keys.
Record your songs online
A great feature is that you can record your songs. Any song that you record will be stored using your Facebook account. After you record songs with the virtual piano, you can set them as public or private. Any user can access your public songs.
You can learn to play new songs on the virtual keyboard using the songs recorded by other users. When you play any recorded song, you can see the keys highlighted on the keyboard. You can hear any song played note by note using the following or previous note buttons that you find in the player.
Solving problems with the virtual piano
We have tested the online piano keyboard in many devices to ensure the best experience. But we know that things can go wrong. If by any chance you are not able to play the virtual piano, the following tips can help you:
- Be sure to use the latest version of a modern browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
- Facebook has its own browser that does not support the technology of the virtual keyboard. If you got here using Facebook, please copy the link and paste it in your favorite browser.
Some common problems and solutions:
- If you don't hear any sound, the volume might be too low. When only some keys of the piano are not producing any sound, it is because of your device speakers. Please use headphones instead.
- Latency: when you play a key and the sound does not play inmediatly but after a second, that is your device running out of memory. Try to close all other apps or restart your device. If that does not solve the latency, then you will need a more powerful device to play the keyboard.
- If you get a mesage saying that the browser does not support the technology to play the virtual keyboard, your only option is to use another browser.
Please contact us using our social media to tell us about any problem you may have.
More virtual instruments
We are always happy to hear from you. Please follow us on social media and contact us.