We noticed you are using software that blocks ads. Please keep in mind that this website is free to use because of the advertising. The only way we can keep developing and maintaining this website is through ads. Please remove www.sessiontown.com from your adblocker.
The Mind-Blowing Virtual Piano Keyboard App
New version! Play, learn, and record using the most advanced virtual piano keyboard app. Session Town has the best online piano games, including the piano simulator. But, to be honest, this is much more than a game.
These are some of its features:
- Change the sound of the online keyboard.
- Play the online piano with a mouse, with your fingers if you have a touch screen, with your computer's keyboard, or even with a real piano (to learn the songs).
- Record your songs.
- Search among thousands of songs.
- Learn to play piano songs with an easy step by step method.
Want to play the piano but don't know how?
- Check out this fantastic lesson to learn how to play the piano at home.
- Learn how to play any song with the tutorial about piano chords for beginners.
The Sounds of the Online Keyboard
The Virtual Keyboard can produce many, not only piano. These are the available sounds:
- Organ (such as church organs)
- Sawtooth (used widely in Rock)
We would love to hear from you. If you are interested in new sounds, please follow us on social media, or please leave a comment at the end of this page.
Play the Online Piano with your Computer's Keyboard
You can use the keyboard of your computer to play the online piano. To see which letters and numbers activate each note, please enable the "physical keyboard" button. Use the following image for reference.
As you can see, we have highlighted some keys in red and others in black. You can change the pitch of the notes using the arrow keys. The left and right arrows change the tone of the black keys. The up and down arrows modify the red keys.
Record Your Songs Using the Virtual Piano Keyboard
Record your songs online. We will use your Facebook account to store your songs. But don't worry, we will never post on your Facebook account. We only use your Facebook account to be able to save your music.
When you record a song, you have two options:
- Mark the song as public. This way, your song will be included in the library, and people will be able to search for it.
- Mark the song as private. Your song won't appear in the search results.
Don't mark as public any song that may have copyrights. Keep in mind that you are responsible for every public song that you record. You are legally liable if there are copyright claims.
To start recording, click on the "Record Song" button. Then play your song. When you are done, click on the "Stop Recording" button. Now you can write a title for your song and select if it is a public or private song. The app will store the notes and also the sounds that you have chosen.
Learn to Play Piano Songs Online
Search among thousands of songs. We are not overreacting. Our users have recorded more than 50.000 songs!
You can learn to play piano songs online with the virtual keyboard. When you click on the "play" button of any recorded song, you will see the played notes highlighted on the keyboard. If that is too fast for a given song, you can try the previous or next note buttons.
With the Learning Mode turned on, the following note will be highlighted. If you play the right notes, the piano app will highlight the following note.
Play with a Real Piano using MIDI
If you have a real piano, the virtual keyboard is a great addition to learn new songs. You can play the Online Piano using a real piano keyboard that supports the MIDI technology (Most of them do). MIDI is the technology that makes it possible for musical instruments to communicate with each other. Connect your real musical keyboard using a USB cable.
If it is not working, click on the "MIDI" button, this will detect new connections. Or try reloading the page.
The Notes on the Piano Keyboard
The musical notes' names are A, B, C, D, E, F and G. We use the white keys on the keyboard to play those notes in that same order. If you see a music keyboard, you will notice that black keys make groups of two black keys followed by a group of three black keys. It is always a pattern of two and then three black keys. The white key that is just before the last black key in the group of three black keys is the note A.
The musical notes on the black keys use the same names but adding accidentals: sharps (#) and flats (b). The black key after A is A sharp. Think of the term sharp as the closer note to the right. That is why A sharp is after A. That same black key is B flat. Think of the term flat as the closer note to the left. That is why B flat is the note just to the left of B.
You can also name the musical notes using syllables:
- A: La
- B: Ti
- C: Do
- D: Re
- E: Mi
- F: Fa
- G: Sol
You can find many keys on the keyboard that use the same note name, but when played, they don't sound exactly the same. The complete set of music notes names is called an octave. The piano keyboard has many octaves. Our virtual piano has six octaves.
Learning music theory is very useful to play any instrument, including the virtual piano. Learning the musical notes on the piano is the perfect starting point.
If you don't know anything about music, we have the solution. You have two options:
- Complete our free and easy music theory course.
- In a hurry? Learn the musical notes on the piano on YouTube.
Solving problems with the Online Piano
We have tested the online piano keyboard in many devices to ensure the best experience. Including smartphones, tablets, iPads, laptops and desktop computers. The best Web Browser to play the virtual piano keyboard is Google Chrome.
But we know that things can go wrong. If by any chance you are not able to play the virtual piano, the following tips can help you:
- Be sure to use the latest version of a modern browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
- Facebook has its own browser that does not support the technology of the virtual keyboard. If you got here using Facebook, please copy the link and paste it in your favorite browser.
Some common problems and solutions:
- If you don't hear any sound, the volume might be too low. When only some keys of the piano are not producing any sound, it is because of your device speakers. Please use headphones instead.
- Sounds come late (Latency): when you play a key and the sound does not play immediately, but after a second, that is because your device is running out of memory. Try to close all other apps or restart your device. If that does not solve the latency, then you will need a more powerful device to play the keyboard.
- If you get a message saying that the browser does not support the technology to play the virtual keyboard, your only option is to use another browser.
Please contact us below and leave comments if you have any problems.
More virtual instruments
We are always happy to hear from you. Please follow us on social media.